Are you a seller who wants to sell products on online auction websites? Do you want to take on your big competitors using the e-business model? Internet is a great leveler of big and small businesses. Shopping online for products ranging from apparels to costly electronic items is a part and parcel of life. For bargain hunting buyers Internet is the best places to shop and online auction websites is a heaven as it offers them the best deals. Sellers also can cater to worldwide audience who are accustomed to shopping online.
For many years sites like eBay has epitomized online auction. Millions of buyers and sellers have struck deals on eBay but its humongous growth has meant that it is no longer friendly for the small sellers. The fees that eBay charges on product sale isn’t encouraging for the small sellers anymore. They are hardly left with any profit after paying all the necessary charges. To add to their woes multiple items multiply the changes for the sellers. Don’t believe us? Look at the fees eBay charges http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html. Some of the charges on eBay include galley upgrade fees, eBay store fees, picture pack fee, Paypal fees and final value fees!
Can you make profit as a small seller here in this online auction ocean? Does it mean the end of the road for small sellers who want to use these online auction finders to sell their products? Certainly not as there many eBay alternatives which do not charge as much as eBay and give you very targeted customers. They not only bring eyeballs to your products but also convert those eyeballs to actual sales. Here are a few reasons why small online auction sites are better for the small sellers than eBay:
• Smaller online auction websites charge you lesser fees as compared to eBay. These eBay alternatives translate into more profit for you. There are sites which don’t charge you in listing products but charge you only on sale.
• These auction finders attract very niche and targeted viewership which helps in increasing your sales unlike eBay which attracts huge volume of viewer many of whom are not potential buyers.
• As a small time seller your competition on eBay is whopping and it is very much likely that you might not figure high on the list of searched items which might not help you in selling your product.
• There are many niche online auction sites which may cater to your area of interest. These websites are much better than listing your products in large websites.
• The bidding cycle in these smaller online auction sites is much lesser compared to eBay and this is beneficial in case of sellers who want to sell their products immediately.
• Many of these smaller websites are localized in nature which helps both bargain hunting buyers and sellers sell the product.
All these things prove that eBay is no longer an ideal online auction site for the small sellers and it is wise for you as a seller to choose some eBay alternative which will help you not only in saving a lot on your service fee but also increase the chances of your sale. So if you are a small seller its best for you to use these smaller online auction sites for your business.